Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: 16mm camera search

  1. #21
    dogstarman
    Guest dogstarman's Avatar

    Post

    When we talk about the R-16 being "loud", how loud are we talking here? Never played with one. However, I have played with a Bolex EMB (I think it was) and that thing chattered away at least as loudly as my Cannon 514xl-s, and from what I've been told, Arri S's are none too quiet either. So, is it "loud" as in louder-than-the-average MOS 16mm camera, or just "loud"- you'll hear it in the background but could probably barney it- loud?

    Nice looking package, Konton. Where'd it come from and why are you selling it?

    Too loud, no doubt...

    ------------------

  2. #22
    Supa-eight
    Guest Supa-eight's Avatar

    Post

    Hi everyone,

    I just bought one of Konton (Justin's) Beaulieu R16 cameras and must say I am satisfied with my purchase. Justin is an extremely honest guy and won't let you buy a camera without letting you know every little detail that you might be concerned about. Just wanted to let you all know your in good hands with him.;I was.

    P.S. Justin, so how do you take the lens off? smile I seriously am nervous about forcing it off the mount.

    ------------------

  3. #23
    Konton
    Guest Konton's Avatar

    Post

    Hey Matt, I know how you feel. I'm trying to sell these so I can save up some cash to either get into 35mm or quit my current job and get one in production. Money is tight all over. If you want to talk to me directly perhaps we could work something out if you want to buy it now.

    Hi Dogstarman, I don't know how loud exactly I would say in terms of decibles. I know a friend of mine put a home made barney on it and was able to do a sound sync job on a project he was paid for. I bought it on the other side of the Golden Gate Bridge from a guy who does special effects and used to use it when he was a student at SFSU.

    ------------------
    Konton the Grey

  4. #24
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Konton:
    "If you want to talk to me directly perhaps we could work something out if you want to buy it now."
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    I'd love to get it, but I'm in "no-job, no buy anything but food and bills" land.

    I have a couple promising leads, so things could change at a moments notice, like hopefully this week!
    But I don't want to string you along if you have another buyer on the edge or something.

    But yeah, let's talk about it. I'll email you.

    R-16 noise.
    I don't own one, but I tried one out once, and it was quite a bit noisier than my Canon Scoopic is, and not just louder, but a more obnoxious "machine noise" kind of noise, if that makes sense.

    In my opinion, you'd have to make a barney out of solid concrete to quite that thing down enough to shoot sync sound with, but hey, I haven't actually tried it.
    I've build about 5+ barneys & blimps though, to unsucessfully try to quite down a Nikon R-10, and it didn't work enough to silence the thing.
    And the R-10 is about half as noisy as the R-16 was...

    Matt Pacini



    ------------------

  5. #25
    Ronson
    Guest Ronson's Avatar

    Post

    dogstarman: "...and that thing chattered away at least as loudly as my Cannon 514xl-s, and from what I've been told, Arri S's are none too quiet either."

    FWIW, I also have a Canon 514XLS and an Arri SB/GS, and the Arri is much louder than the Canon.

    *Much* louder.

    Easily twice as loud, if that helps you any.


    ------------------

  6. #26
    Konton
    Guest Konton's Avatar

    Post

    Well as I said, I have a friend of mine did a commerical with a Beaulieu R-16 and a home made blimp shooting in a quiet office. I don't know how the hell he got it quiet enough, but it worked. He said something about some foam sound proofing and a gaffer's tape. We tried to get someone to build us blimps made just for the R-16, but it never happened.

    LAST CALL ON MY 16MM CAMERA SALE!

    CP-16R/A ("R" for Reflex, "A" for amplifer)! $1300 including shipping! That's about as cheap as it get's. Any questions? Just ask.

    BEAULIEU R-16! $900 including shipping! Thinks about it!

    I got my test footage back this weekend. Looks great! I'll even send it with the camera so you can see for yourself. Well . . . then again I'm not sure if you want footage of my girlfriend. Yeah. Nevermind.

    ------------------
    Konton the Grey

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •